PUZZLEMANIA: Official Forum of WWE Champions Alliance: EVOLUTION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr Sanchez' Beginners Guide to WWE Champions & FAQ

Go down

Dr Sanchez' Beginners Guide to WWE Champions & FAQ Empty Dr Sanchez' Beginners Guide to WWE Champions & FAQ

Post by Dr Sanchez Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:41 pm

WWE Champions is a match-3 type puzzle game which reflects how a wrestling bout plays out. It's what you play on the bus or when you got some time to kill e.g. when Smackdown is on. If you're playing instead of doing school work, going to work or talking to family and friends, reconsider how often you play. And that's the bottom line.

I'm putting this guide together becuase I've not been able to find any online.  Any member is encouraged to invite friends to the forum, as we don't have a member limit. To help in reading this guide, I've posted a few main points:
Some pointers and hints are thrown in as I think of them. They will be punctuated LIKE THIS!.
There are some sections of the guide I have no experience with and I may need help filling those parts in.
They will be punctuated with I WASN'T READY!
Any of my own tactics will be punctuated with ...FINALLY!

CONTENTS

::BASICS::
::ROSTER::
::ALLIANCE::
::EVENTS::
::RIVALRIES::
::FAQ::

If you're after a list of Superstars by Type or Era, they're in the stickied post above this one.
If you want to find a more detailed breakdown of characters, we're planning on making dedicated topics to each superstar.

::BASICS::

The goal of this game is to bring your opponents Health (or HP) to zero, swing the pin bar all the way to the right and pin your opponent to a three-count, whilst not getting pinned yourself. You damage your opponent by moving a piece of the puzzle board at a time, to make at least a match of three, four, five and beyond. Below is a breakdown of what you see on screen.
SPEAR! SPEAR!
When you match four of the same colour, the entire rest of the column or row will disappear and count towards damage, pin momentum and fueling moves.
OUTTA NOWHERE!
When you match five gems and above, you're granted an extra turn and the match provides a "wild" gem that can be used in any match. They come in about four flavours.
THE SLEDGEHAMMER
Dr Sanchez' Beginners Guide to WWE Champions & FAQ Sledge
THE HOOK
Dr Sanchez' Beginners Guide to WWE Champions & FAQ Hook
THE SWORD
Dr Sanchez' Beginners Guide to WWE Champions & FAQ Sword
THE BEAST
I WASN'T READY!

MAIN GAME OVERVIEW

Dr Sanchez' Beginners Guide to WWE Champions & FAQ SCREEN1

1. Your Superstar Health & Tag Partner Health

Your Opponents Health & Tag Partner Health

3.TAG! Icon & Pause button

Obviously there's no tag partner in a single match. You can tag out after about 5 turns or you can save it for when you may be getting pinned and you can't muster enough points to kick out.
WHAT? If your HP is taken right down before getting pinned, your tag partner won't be able to help you getting pinned. Bonus though, it works when you're the one pinning your opponent, too.
WHAT? Some superstars have combos with others that allow them to tag sooner/more often?)

Pause allows you to change sound settings and quit the game
WHAT?If you quit in the middle of a match, your Superstars will become Injured. Sometimes the game may crash in the middle of a match and when you return they will be Injured, but that's what your Alliance is for. See below about ::ALLIANCES::

4.Your current Superstars Moves &/or Finisher

As you match gems of the corresponding colours, you begin to fuel your moves. When they're flashing, they're ready to use (assuming it's your turn). When you use a regular move that doesn't end in a pin, your turn is not finished and you can use another move, finisher or match up some more gems. The finisher is always more expensive and after use, the pin bar will swing all the way right and you will pin your opponent.
WHAT?You can reorganise and replace moves. See below in the ::ROSTER::
WHAT? You can have more than one move of the same colour. When fueling your moves, the points are distributed evenly. If you use a move, no points are lost that have been put into any other move of the same colour.

5.Pin bar and prize crates

The Pin bar (or momentum bar) represents the flow of a match and swings left and right often. The blue side all the way left if your side and the red all the way right is your opponents. When you makes gem matches, you can push the bar closer to your opponents area. Some moves that just damage your opponent will not move the pin bar, but some can create gem combos that push the bar and there are a few moves that will directly push the pin bar.

The three grey crates represent your chances of getting prizes when and if you win the match. The first fills in when you match a total of 3 white prize crates, the second when you match a total of 8 and the third when you match a total of 15.

6.Your Opponents Moves

...FINALLY! Totally optional, but when I'm coming up with matches I usually keep priorities in my head of what I like to match first.

1. Matching 5 and up (any colour): You get another move afterwards. If my opponent is flagging and I'm pushing for some crates I may avoid it or unless it ruins a match with some prize crates, I'm doing this first.
2. Prize crates: The crates are what I'm coming after. If you can get them matched at the end of a combo, even better.
WHAT?Matching crates gives the pin bar a little push and only damages your opponent 1 for each crate. It don't make any sense for a CPU opponent to match those up if there is a choice and it doesn't contribute to a combo or something. Just wanna deny me those crates!
3. Matching four THE SPEAR is a good way to push the pin bar to your advantage. If I'm playing easy matches though, I'll let the opponent get these or save them for kicking out of pins.
3. Opponents Move Colours: My deny game is fierce and I try to stop them damaging me as much as possible. Note I didn't write finisher. That's because finishers are designed to "finish" and opponent off and don't do near as much damage as regular moves, which also screw with the board sometimes. Also, attempting to squash three colours at once is a little trickier than two. If there's a move colour my opponent has that I also have, that gains priority.
4. My Moves: Depending on how tough my opponent is: if it's an even match or a hard match, I'll aim for these next. If it's an easy one, consider these last two flipped. I don't need to use my moves and shorten the match, I wanna prolong it as much as possible to increase my chances of those sweet white crates.
5. My Finisher: Concentrate on this ahead of my moves if: A. It's an easy match, B. I've hit those 15 prize crates and it's time to squash this jobber!

::ROSTER::

Dr Sanchez' Beginners Guide to WWE Champions & FAQ Screen2

1. Back button. It's always there, unless you're on the main screen it'll always act as a back button.

2. Player Rank and Medkits. Rank up as you get XP, gain 50 CA$H each Rank up. You gain up to five medkits for free to heal up Superstars that aren't at max HP. Medkit renewal is on a timer. You can however, earn medkits in cases and as prizes, earning above five.

3. Coins and CA$H. Spend coins to level up and awaken your superstars and find rematches in Rivalries. That's it, but you'll need a whole bunch. CA$H you use for cases (which contain superstar posters, coins, CA$H, all random, some more likely than others in different ones.) as well as revive injured superstars (but why would you when your Alliance can help you with that!) and immediately get back into lost matches (but not Rivalry matches).
WHAT? You can buy CA$H for real money in the STORE on the main page, but SERIOUSLY get your parents permission. I haven't put a dollar in yet, but I'm not your mother.

4. Inventory: Here's what you get
Dr Sanchez' Beginners Guide to WWE Champions & FAQ Screen3_1
Here's where you can view all your recruited sueprstars and unrecruited posters. Posters come in two varieties: Superstars and TP posters. Superstars can be recruited if you have room, TP cannot, they're used to upgrade moves and finishers. Both types of cards can be sold for coins.
WHAT? The silhouette with the plus up there is where you can upgrade your total roster to include more superstars. It costs 200 CA$H to unlock space in your roster.

5.Here's all your boys. Your current roster is available to view, upgrade and heal.
...FINALLY! Superstars have different Gem Focus (or Types). These are STRIKER, POWERHOUSE, ACROBAT, TECHNICIAN, TRICKSTER & SHOWBOAT.
They're also sorted by ERA, very important for unlocking bout types in single player modes. These include Modern, Attitude, New Generation and Legend.
They also some in differing rarities. from weakest to strongest they are Bronze One Star, Silver One Star, Gold One Star, Bronze Two Star, Silver Two Star, Gold Two Star and so on. I've seen in screenshots they may go up to Five Stars, but no way have I seen more than a Three (or mention of a Three) in game. There are also differing verions of a superstar e.g. "Hustle, Loyalty, Respect" John Cena (SHOWBOAT) & "Never Give Up" John Cena (POWERHOUSE)
WHAT? So, you can awaken superstars in to increase their rarity from bronze to silver to gold, but can you increase them further if they're a gold one star? YES, It's called EVOLVE and it will take them to a Bronze Two Star.
I WASN'T READY!

For a fuller breakdown of all the superstars and their Types, check out the stickied topic below this one.

6. You can sort your roster in ascending or descending order by Talent, Level, Gem Focus, Rarity, Alphabetical, Era & Newest. You can even cross-sort them by another category.

7.Details. This contains a breakdown of their Type, Era, Bio, Differing Gem Damage and you can also sell them from here. There is also a blue toggle on the left you can use to check out History and Groups. If your superstar has the same symbol as another, you should get an extra advantage in matches. This is represented on the match up screen as a green hex with a chain link in it.

8. Superstar Health. If your superstar is INJURED, a button will appear above the MANAGE BUTTON. It will read "Alliance Help." If you're in an alliance, you can hit it to ask for a hand. Your request normally expires in about two hours, but if you make a lot consecutively, they may expire sooner. All it takes is an alliance member to hit the HELP/SEND HELP button in Alliance chat and your superstar is revived from INJURED, BUT not all the way to full health. You gotta use your medkits to get em back to full health.

9.Superstar Rating and Manage button. The number in green is an overall rating of your superstars' power. This increases as you Rank them up and level up their moves. Speaking of, let's see what happens when you hit the MANAGE button:
Dr Sanchez' Beginners Guide to WWE Champions & FAQ Screen4_1
Here you can use your unrecruited superstars and TP posters to UPGRADE your moves and reorder your moves and finishers.
WHAT?Up to level THREE is the MAX for moves of One Star superstars.
Up to Level FOUR is the MAX for moves of One Star superstars.
If you use a RED TP poster or superstar poster to upgrade a corresponding RED move, you'll recieve DOUBLE TP towards the move.
It takes four TP to upgrade to level TWO, ten TP to level THREE and twenty-five TP to level FOUR.
I've not collected a Three Star superstar yet

I WASN'T READY!

As you can see, Two Star Big Show has a fourth move he can switch out with another. One Stars don't have an extra move and I'm guessing Threes have two extra moves?
As I said, I WASN'T READY!

...FINALLY! I recommend, if you've got a choice and you're using a finisher, moving the finisher all the way to the right. Not only is it easier to see when it's ready, but it hides it from your opponent slightly when they fight you in Rivalries. As for who to upgrade first? Pick your favourite. Otherwise, the more stars will have the most potential. Perhaps upgrade New Generation or Legends first as they are the rarest for the most part.

10.AWAKENING! This upgrades your superstars Rarity up one level once they max out their Rank.
This is the most asked about quesiton I've seen so far as the tutorial barely covers it. It will require many Coins and UPGRADE TOKENS, but i've seen them called chips, caps, belts, ect.
They come in all gem colours and types: US Title, Mid Card, Main Event, Rookie and NXT.
Generally NXT, Mid Card and Rookie tokens are needed for One Stars and US Title, Main Event, Mid Card and Rookie tokens are needed to awaken Two Stars.
I've not seen what you need for Three Stars.
I WASN'T READY!
If you're after the best places to find these tokens, ::EVENTS:: are where you wanna go.

11. Menu and Chat. It's your main navigation out of your roster.

::ALLIANCE::

IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ALLIANCE
Go to Alliance in the menu and search for Evolution. We can help with your INJURED superstars, C'mon!

This is where you go to help other members out. As far as I know you don't recieve anything for doing so, but one good turn deserves another.

But seriously, if you want you can create your own for 12,000 coins. You can have up to 100 members, from Alliance Rank one to five.
Wanna know the roles and abilities of the differing ranks? So do I, I've messaged the development team about this. I'm guessing they're working on more features for the future.
I WASN'T READY!

::EVENTS::
This is where you go to progess in the Main Game. Many prizes contain coins, CA$H, medkits, cases and tokens. Not only as prizes in bouts, but in between levels you can occasionally pick up coins, cases and random tokens.

Dr Sanchez' Beginners Guide to WWE Champions & FAQ Screen5

There are permanent and rotating Events on The Road (sometimes called Maps).
PERMANENT
NXT Tour, WWE Live, Euro Tour, ect.
ROTATING
Dean's Daily, Monday Night Raw, Tuesday Uncaged, Wednesday ???I WASN'T READY!, Thursday Night Smackdown, Friday Night Superstars, Saturday Throwdown. There is no special Event for Sunday. Take the day off.

As for the best place to get Upgrade Tokens, NXT Tour is good for NXT Tokens. WWE Tour is good for US Titles and Mid Card Tokens. Some fights will require you have a certain Era superstar, like Attitude, New Era, ect.

If you're after a particular colour of Token, Hit the dailies. Monday has Red, Tuesday Yellow, Wednesday Purple, Thursday Blue, Friday Black and Saturday Green.
Each of the daily Events has three "Arms" The left most are the easiest bouts and offer US Title and Mid Card Tokens.
The first fight of the right arm is the same, but the second and third offer NXT and Rookie Tokens.
The middle arm offers premium cases and the fights are the hardest.
...FINALLY! So far I have seen Rookie and other tokens drop from the left most matches, so they're not the only rewards on offer, you'll mostly recieve coins, medkits and cases. I think the best shot for the specific tokens you may want still lies on the arms I've described. I tend to stick to the tag matches, as they give me a longer game and more of a chance to get all the prizes available.

Wanna know where to get Main Event Tokens? I've mostly seen them in cases. I WASN'T READY!

Dean's Daily has a shorter map. On the left is Botchfest, usually only for One Star superstars. It's not terribly difficult.  Tokens most commonly available are US Titles and Mid Cards of all colours.

::RIVALRIES::
These are great places to go for CA$H, medkits and Rivalry Cases.
WHAT? BEFORE YOU BEGIN You gotta set up two superstars to be your defending tag team (P.S. Rivalry matches are only tag matches) and your offensive team. Just tap the superstars and choose the ones you want to fight with. You can attack with the same members that are in your defense, don't worry about their health or if they're injured, they will still defend at full health.

Dr Sanchez' Beginners Guide to WWE Champions & FAQ Screen6
Rivalries are timed leagues and usually last between three days and a week. Many prizes are on offer at the end and during. Depending on your overall rank as the Rivalry ends, you should be eligible for a prize. Check what rank you're at and how you're doing with the PRIZE button at the top right.
As you fight, you'll earn FAME. These are earned from each match and also from inside prize crates as they are the only reward on offer for Rivalry fights.
When you hit a Fame Prize threshold, you will earn the corresponding prize. Check what's coming up with the FAME PRIZES button.

When you do recieve any prizes from Rivalries, they'll go to your mail. You'll find that at the top left corner of the main screen.

WHAT?
To the right of the big VS, you can tap and open up your current Rivalry history. Here you can challenge people who have beaten you to regain Ranks on the leaderboard and claim more Fame!

When you're ready to fight, hit START!

Dr Sanchez' Beginners Guide to WWE Champions & FAQ Screen7

Here you can choose opponents. Usually the easier opponents with lower Ratings will be present at the top.
The amount you win differs depending on the challenge, the easier the challenge, the less points you get if you win, but the more points you lose if you're defeated.
The hearder the challenge, the more points you get and the less points you lose if you're defeated, but you're much more likely to be defeated by stronger opponenets.
If you don't like the opponents available, you can hit new match (or back out) and it will cost you 50 coins.
...FINALLY! That's not much, so if it's all too hard, why not?

::FAQ::

What do these tokens do?
This upgrades your superstars Rarity up one level once they max out their Rank.
This is the most asked about quesiton I've seen so far as the tutorial barely covers it. It will require many Coins and UPGRADE TOKENS, but i've seen them called chips, caps, belts, ect.
They come in all gem colours and types: US Title, Mid Card, Main Event, Rookie and NXT.
Generally NXT, Mid Card and Rookie tokens are needed for One Stars and US Title, Main Event, Mid Card and Rookie tokens are needed to awaken Two Stars.
I've not seen what you need for Three Stars.
I WASN'T READY!
If you're after the best places to find these tokens, ::EVENTS:: are where you wanna go.

Where do I get tokens?
The best place to get Upgrade Tokens, NXT Tour is good for NXT Tokens. WWE Tour is good for US Titles and Mid Card Tokens. Some fights will require you have a certain Era superstar, like Attitude, New Era, ect.

If you're after a particular colour of Token, Hit the dailies. Monday has Red, Tuesday Yellow, Wednesday Purple, Thursday Blue, Friday Black and Saturday Green.
Each of the daily Events has three "Arms" The left most are the easiest bouts and offer US Title and Mid Card Tokens.
The first fight of the right arm is the same, but the second and third offer NXT and Rookie Tokens.
The middle arm offers premium cases and the fights are the hardest.
...FINALLY! So far I have seen Rookie and other tokens drop from the left most matches, so they're not the only rewards on offer, you'll mostly recieve coins, medkits and cases. I think the best shot for the specific tokens you may want still lies on the arms I've described. I tend to stick to the tag matches, as they give me a longer game and more of a chance to get all the prizes available.

Wanna know where to get Main Event Tokens? I've mostly seen them in cases. I WASN'T READY!

What's a poster?
It's a superstar before you recruit them. You don't have to recruit them, but you don't have to sell them either. Keep them to Upgrade your superstars Moves & Finishers.

What's this TP card for?
As above, except you can't recruit them. Use them, don't sell them. SEE ::ROSTER:: for more info!

I haven't gotten a prize for something, what's up?
I don't run the game, but contact the support guys at apps@phaseonegames.com or you can message them with the more button at the bottom right corner of the main menu. Then hit  HELP, then the speech bubble with the plus on it to open a dialogue. They have some other bits of helpful info in there too.
Explain away, use your manners and try to take and send screenshots.

I get to a certain rank, leave the game and it's gone backwards.
I don't know if you're connected with facebook, but if you haven't give it a try. I did that when I first started and I've not had problems like that.
Heads up, I also have a relatively new phone at time of writing. If you still have probs, contact Phase One as above.

Any questions? Suggestions? Know anything about Three Star + superstars? Chuck us a reply, fam & Welcome to Evolution.
Dr Sanchez
Dr Sanchez
Admin

https://evolutionwwe.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down